Last updated on August 25th, 2020
What We Collect and Why
Sleeptracker-AI uses algorithms derived from artificial intelligence and statistical models to provide personalized sleep analysis and coaching advice. These methods require some information about you in order to provide relevant results. Factors such as age, gender, height, weight, and approximate location matter. Sensor data is analyzed and correlated to this information in order to derive accurate and personalized sleep analysis as well as actionable insights for coaching advice.
Sleeptracker-AI collects the following information about you:
- Your sleeper profile: name, email, encrypted password, height, weight, gender, date of birth, approximate location of the Sleeptracker-AI unit (city and state), type of bed, type of mattress
- Under-the-mattress sensor data for your side of the bed: your heart rate, breathing rate, and movements while sleeping
- Under-the-mattress sensor data for the other side of the bed; if another person or a pet sleeps in your bed, Sleeptracker-AI will use their heat rate, breathing rate, and movements to better isolate your signal and improve sensor accuracy for you
- Your bedroom environment: air temperature, humidity, and purity (relative level of volatile organic compounds)
- Behavioral insights: If you opt in, we collect information you may volunteer about the behavioral categories you select in the app, such as your stress level, the quality of your sleep, your physical activity, your use of tobacco or caffeine products, and others
- Health app: If you opt in, we will collect the health information made available to Sleeptracker with your authorization in your health app, such as Apple Health or Google Fit
- Medical research: If you opt in, we will collect any supplemental information needed in support of a medical study; the information collected will be disclosed in the informed consent form sent to you prior to your opting in
Note that Sleeptracker-AI does NOT record or use any audio or video content.
The information you provide is encrypted and transmitted to the Sleeptracker®-AI Cloud over the Internet, then stored securely on the cloud servers. These servers are hosted at AWS and located in the United States.
Use: How we use your data
Sleeptracker-AI's primary function is to analyze your sleep and help you sleep better. Sleeptracker-AI also aims to help you maintain healthy sleep habits, which, as part of a healthy lifestyle, may help reduce the risk for developing certain adverse health conditions. We collect and use your data in support of these goals. We also collect app usage information anonymously to help us improve the app.
Share: How we share your data externally with other companies or entities
- If you connect Sleeptracker-AI with a health app on your mobile device (such as Apple Health or Google Fit), we can share sleep analysis, height, weight, heart rate, and breathing rate information with that app based on the permissions you set in the health app settings.
- If you agree to participate in medical research through Sleeptracker-AI, we will share your anonymized data, in a non-personally identifiable form, with our medical research partners, and may publish from time to time results of the medical research in medical journals, on public forums, on our website, and in social or traditional media.
- From time to time, we publish facts and statistics derived from aggregated, anonymized sleep and application data that may include your anonymized, non-personally identifiable information, on our website and other social or traditional media outlets.
- We do NOT share your data with anyone else or sell your data to anyone.
Store: How we store your data
- We store your data on the device.
- We also store your data outside the device through a third party, AWS, on servers located in the United States.
- We store anonymous app usage data on servers located in the United States.
Encryption: How we encrypt your data
- We automatically encrypt your data in the device or app.
- We automatically encrypt your data at all times while it is transmitted.
- We do not encrypt your data, except for your password, when stored on hosted servers. These servers are protected by firewalls and other security mechanisms against unauthorized access.
Privacy: How this app accesses other data
The app requests access to other data or applications on your mobile device. It can connect to the camera, location service, and health information database, but only with your permission. The camera and location service are used during the initial configuration as a convenience. Once Sleeptracker-AI is fully installed and configured, you can revoke the app’s access to these services. You can also install Sleeptracker-AI without them.
User Options: What you can do with the data that we collect
The app allows you to access, edit, or delete the personal data we have about you. You can also opt in to receive a daily and monthly summary of your sleep analysis via email.
Deactivation: What happens to your data when your account is terminated
- If you delete the Sleeptracker®-AI App, your data is also deleted from your mobile device but a copy of your data is kept on our servers. This allows you to switch devices easily when needed. The data is downloaded to your (new) device from our servers when you reinstall the app and log back in.
- To terminate your account and delete all your data from our servers, please make a written request by contacting our support team. Your data will be permanently deleted within 30 days of the written request.
- If you had connected Sleeptracker-AI with an health app, you have the option to either keep or delete any data stored in the health app when deleting the Sleeptracker®-AI App.
Rights: Your rights as a Sleeptracker-AI user
We will honor the following rights regardless of your country, state, or province of residence:
- You have the right to transparent communication, in plain language free of legal jargon, about our privacy policies and practices
- You have the right to know about the personal information we collect about you, before we start collecting it, and to whom this information might be disclosed to
- You have the right to revoke your consent at any time, and that we promptly stop collecting and using your personal information when you exercise that right (you can easily revoke your consent in the app by unchecking a box in your user profile)
- You have the right to access the information we have about you, at no cost to you, and to ensure that this information is accurate
- You have the right to request deletion of all personal information we have about you, and that we comply with that request promptly
- If we were to change our policy and decide to sell your personal information, you will have the right to opt out of any sale of personal information
- We will not discriminate in any way towards you or about how we provide services to you if you exercise any of your privacy rights
When you contact us about your personal information, we will verify your identity before responding to or acting on any request from you. We do this in order to protect you against unauthorized access to your personal information. We will encourage you to submit a request from within the app while authenticated with your username and password. We may use information in your account profile to further validate a request if necessary. If the request comes from another person that you authorized, you should provide your authorization to us in writing.
Breach: How we will notify you and protect your data in case of an improper disclosure
In case of data breach, information will be available on our website and sent to the email address associated with the affected account.
EU – U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss - U.S. Privacy Shield
Fullpower participates in the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List at https://www.privacyshield.gov/list.
If you reside in the European Union or in Switzerland, and have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Sleeptracker-AI is not intended for and may not be used by children under the age of 14. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 14. If we learn that we have collected information from or about a child under the age of 14, we will delete that information from our systems.
U.S. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
Fullpower Technologies is NOT a HIPAA covered entity. When conducting medical research, Fullpower abides by all state and federal regulations governing the use and protection of end user data for medical research purposes.
This privacy notice is available in the Help menu of the Sleeptracker®-AI App (About option).
For additional information, contact us at:
Fullpower Technologies, Inc.
1200 Pacific Avenue, Suite 300
Santa Cruz, California 95060
United States of America
Fullpower is the “data controller” for the Sleeptracker-AI solution, per Article 4(7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and similar regulations around the world.